Just getting back into teaching is a bit intimidating mainly because of the quick advances in technology. I am working to find valuable sites/games for my subjects because I do see the value of integrating them into my plans. It was refreshing to hear that others have tried and failed! This article was great to reinforce the fact that kids do "learn" this way and that there are many valuable lessons for them through technology.
I do hope that the younger generation of teachers will work to keep a balance of "old school" teaching as hard as we are working to keep up with the new.
This balance is still a total must! There has to be real interactions the same there there has to be a digital language that is learned.
ReplyDeleteHaving that databank or toolset of valuable--and useful--sites is such a great asset to you as a teacher